About The mashpee One Room Schoolhouse


Built in 1831 for less than $200, the Mashpee One Room Schoolhouse was originally located on Red Brook Road in South Mashpee, Massachusetts. In 1901 after it was sold to the Baptist Youth Society for $22, the front entry was added and the schoolhouse was renamed the “Ockway Chapel and Schoolhouse.” In 1975 the building was donated to the town and moved for $2300 to Meeting House Road next to the Old Indian Cemetery in Mashpee. In 2003, with $50,000 raised by the Mashpee Women's Club, the building was restored and is now located in North Mashpee, Massachusetts.

The Mashpee One Room Schoolhouse is operated and maintained under the direction of the entirely volunteer, Mashpee One Room Schoolhouse Preservation Council (MOSPC).